The value of multiple points of view
No matter how talented, an individual working alone will only see things from a single point of view. We understand how different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives allow us to analyze issues from as many sides as possible and to find solutions that may not be seen by others.
Individuals perform at their best when they are in a supportive environment that encourages learning, mentoring and challenge as well as respect for each other’s beliefs and lifestyles. It is a philosophy we promote in our offices and act on through many pro bono, community, and charitable projects.
These values are so important to us that we, as a firm, have adopted the following Statement of Shared Principles:
- To treat each other with respect and kindness, even in times of stress.
- To create and maintain a work environment that values teamwork and cooperation, and recognizes and acknowledges everyone’s contribution to the success of the firm.
- To create and maintain a work environment that is friendly, inclusive, challenging and fun, while recognizing people’s differences and the fact that our work is often stressful.
- To create and maintain a work environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
- To encourage open and direct communication, and to convert negative criticism into positive, constructive comments.
- To conduct ourselves ethically and professionally in our interactions with each other, our clients, and the public.
Diversity in our firm is not just something we strive for – it is essential to our success. By creating an atmosphere of inclusion, we are able to become better people, better attorneys, and better advocates for our clients.